Sunday, March 04, 2007

Recovery

It was a nice evening that just passed wasn't it? The air was fresh after the afternoon rain, and a cool breeze was present. I saw that my plumeira was blooming again, perhaps sensing the drier weather to come, my white bougainvillea which has not bloomed for yonks suddenly seeemed to have a growth spurt and spouted two arms of white flowers! Carrying Trin and standing out in wet grass, listening to soft strains of the piano in the neighbourhood felt very very good indeed.

All the more as it marked my first extended foray out of my house since Wed night. I had worked late on Wed because of the Diploma Show. By the time I got home, ate, showered etc, it was 9.30pm and I was tired so the babies and I had an early night. But by 11.30pm, I woke up. The last time I woke up due to pain was when I was in labour.

I could feel air moving at a clip inside. So much turbulence. I got up, went to the loo and promptly passed nothing but water. Like a tap. It marked the first of more than 10 forays to the loo over a 12-hour period, alternately with vomitting. On top of that, the stupid aircon in the room started to drip which meant I had to leap out of bed again to find suitable containers!

By Thursday, I was dreading the visits to the loo, stopped vomitting, started empty retching, my temperature soared and dipped but never went below 37.8. My hips felt like holes were drilled in them - the doctor had no answer why. I stopped eating, worried that I would only puke or pass the food out in liquid form. And what those frequent bursts of air and faeces did to my rectal control you can't imagine (is this too much information??) suffice to say I ended up doing lots of unwanted laundry in the dead of night.

I moved between the sofa, bed and toilet. The children came to me to be nursed. Dad had to come bring me to the doctor - no way I could get out of the house, walk all the way out and back, and slso very kindly helped bring Cait home from school.

On Sat, just sitting at the computer for 15min to answer a client's email left me in cold sweat. So, task quickly abandoned. Thankfully, mom and dad took all the kids off my hands over to their house for the night. They were pleased to go - mom's house had cable tv!! Even Owain! I was surprised, full of misgivings, partly happy (yay - I get some rest without nen-nen demands!) and partly sad (he said he wanted to go - seemed happy too - so is this the beginning of the end?) . Watershed event.

The house was peaceful without 'thim divils'. But by 5.30am, I'd got a call from mom. They were waiting outside my gate! Owain wanted - yep - nen-nen!! Luckily mom and dad live near me!

So by the fact that I am blogging this today means I am better, but still weak. I still make forays to the loo often, I still retch, food tastes like s*&t to me for now. On top of that, its sent my cycles haywire and my menses is back within 14 days - boo!! But I think I've lost weight! So I'll look on the bright side.

No comments: