Monday, December 24, 2007

Tantrum updates

The two nights after I posted on Trin's tantrums, things eased up and she slept peacefully without any undue screaming. So Mag and Serene, you girls may be right about the need for adjustment. Nevertheless we still live on tenterhooks everytime the whine-tug session starts. And we still try to head her off where possible. Isaac commented, Trinny is such a demanding baby - we all better give her what she wants or else she'll scream!

The other day Owain suggested: Mum, I know how to stop Trinny from crying. All mummies sing lullabies to their babies. Why don't you sing to Trinny mum. That will stop her from crying. And if that does not work, then quickly give her nen-nen!

Yeah, son. I hear you! But even nen-nen does not do the trick all the time.

Case in point was the early hours of this morning. 6am. She was attached and shallow sucking for hours and my nipple felt so water-logged and sore that I pulled out quickly when I thought I felt the slackness of her mouth in deep sleep. Fat hope. She stirred, kicked, whined, sat up and pointed: there! there!

And me sitting up offering to nurse and she's going: no, no! there! there!

Of course once I sit up, I gotta go pee - thanks to age and laziness for not doing my kegels religiously - my bladder control isn't what it used to be. So I desperately say: Trin, I got to go to the toilet. Daddy carry you okay?

No! No! Dowan! There! There! THERE!!

So I kick KH awake (actually I think he was already awake and just trying his luck at possum) and we sleepily go to the bathroom. Yes I managed to pee with her clinging to me, my bladder feeling like it was about to burst and my resentment building up.

She didn't let me go back to sleep. Insisted that I carry her 'there!' (don't know where!) but this time, thankfully, after about 10 minutes, she allowed me to carry her back to bed where we nursed back to sleep.

No comments: