Monday, July 23, 2007

Trin on her throne

We finally 'upgraded' Owain to a booster in the middle row and Trin to her very own car-seat (Owain's and Cait's second hand seat! Not bad for a $50 seat bought from one of the mums on AP so many years ago!) . Trin sits in the last row.

I hope I am not hexing myself when I write this, but I have been holding my breath in anticipation of the tantrums but it has not happened yet. Touch wood, touch wood! So far so good. She's been eagerly looking forward to sitting in her seat, docilely waiting to be belted in and throughout the journey, she's been looking out the window, singing or babbling away. No tantrum. The closest she went to a full-scale tantrum was some whining and off-on crying for about 5min. But that was because she was sleepy. When we looked back after some minutes of silence, we found her asleep.

The seat next to her is the hottest seat in the car. Owain and Cait (and sometimes Gillian) all argue over whose turn it is to sit next to her. And that one time when she had the on-off crying, all the kids were trying desperately to pacify her - rather noisily!

I get such a deep feeling of satisfaction when I peer back and look at the two rows behind filled with the happy faces of all my children - and all their squabbling, wrestling, arguing and bad singing. My car - and my hands - are full.

God help me if Number six ever comes along! We'll definitely have to buy a van...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The seat next to Meghan was a very hotly contested seat too until Kenan came along and got his baby capsule parked beside her ;-)