Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Boppin' Baby

Trinity is bopping. To some rhyme that the kids are singing. Goes something like this:

"Peel, banana, peel peel banana.
Shake, banana, shake shake banana
Cut banana, cut cut banana
Fry banana, fry fry banana
Nah! Goreng pisang!"

She does all the actions - including a very cute shake during the "Shake" bits. Actually, I think she shakes during the rest of the song too. Heh. The things the sibs teach her...

Trin eats a lot more junk food than my other babies. Actually, than anyone's other babies... She's hooked on sprite, chocolates, instant noodles, australian mangoes, grapes, hokkien prawn mee, wanton mee, toast bread, steamed threadfin and loves a good hot steamboat (fish, fishball). She hates (spits them out) bland tasteless porridge, all types of baby food (the only exception being Gerber's little banana puffs) and that includes cereal etc. Her diet is very very unbaby-like. Of course, a lot of this is because I am (a) too lazy (b) too tired (c) too many kids. So I guess that makes me a Bad Mommy.

Her favourite toys are: the steering wheel in daddy's car, any working handphone (she promptly lifts to her ear and says: "Ahguwah!"), the home telephone, the computer keyboard and mouse, the remote control and lift buttons. For Christmas we got her a toy steering wheel and dashboard. Didn't hold her interest for long.

And the cutest thing about her? She loves to hug and kiss. She'll toddle over to her kor-kor Owain and put her arms around him and kiss him. Ditto for her che-che Caitlin. I've also seen her hug Meghan, Rita's baby. And whenever I carry her, she'll give me a tight hug and pat my back. In the morning, she wakes up, rolls over and lies on my tummy. Then she'll lift herself up and mash her face on my neck or my cheek or nose - that's how she 'kisses' me.

She is so precious.

No comments: