Thursday, December 28, 2006

Milestone! Trinity is walking!

Yesterday in the office Gillian gave me a call: Mom!! Trin is walking! She walked all the way from the study to the bedroom without holding onto anything!

I felt a pang as I heard this. Why wasn't I around to see this happen?? So much for working half-time hoping to be there for the milestones when they happen. Instead I am stuck in the office coding new subjects, calling for meetings and editing proofs.

When we went home, true enough, Trin was walking. A bit hesitantly, but with a BIG grin on her face, she toddles around. No longer reaching to hold on to things, no longer dropping to her bum everytime something or someone is out of reach, no longer crawling.

There was no stopping her. She went everywhere on her own, thrilled by the mobility. We, on the other hand, had to keep an eye on her. Noticed that she was even stepping up the dining room step the 'normal' way and not crawling up. I kissed her little feet - thinking that they will very soon lost their baby softness and feel.

So I guess it's official - Trinity is walking. At the grand old age of 13months and 27 days. 27 Dec 2006.

1 comment:

Rainbows from God said...

Yes, we were absolutely thrilled when Faith got up on her feet and started toddling around hands free; a week after her first birthday on 10 Nov, I think. :)

Dh, Faith and I were all in the living room, reading and watching tv when it happened without warning. Dh and I exchanged a quick glance but froze where we were. We daren't make a sound as she walked from one end of the room to the other end! When she reached the other end of the room, she steadied herself carefully, looked up and around at us and gave us a big grin as we cheered her with claps and kisses.

Haha...we were so cartoon when I think of it now. :D