Friday, September 15, 2006

Snapshot #2

Had to pick up Cait from school yesterday since Bernice, who gives her a ride home was sick and away from school. As usual, Owain pestered me to let him come with me.

"It's hot out there," I say.

"I'll wear my hat!" He runs and grabs his cap to show me.

"It's a long walk to the bus-stop..." I warn.

"I will walk mummy."

So we set off, with him reminding me of my transitlink card for the bus. It was quite a pleasant walk despite the heat - we passed by gardens, banana trees, flowering shrubs etc.

But it was indeed a long walk and as we reached the last 200m, I noticed our valiant trooper flagging a bit, but still not complaining. I scooped him into my arms saying: "Mummy will carry you up the hill ok?"

He snuggles in and says: "Thank you mummy."

Then he says softly, "When you are old and tired, I will carry you!"

And his plump arms hug me tight as I hug him back.

5 comments:

Momto5 said...

i know. hearted melted...

Karmeleon said...

aw...so sweet. adorable, huh?

lulu said...

i love the atmosphere that's in your family, and try to soak up as much of it as i can whenever we meet d:)

Momto5 said...

thanks for the compliment aunty lulu. we're quite the mad noisy family though.

makeupmag said...

I think it's so touching (and amusing) when kids verbalise their love for us like that. Owain is impressive, he speaks SO WELL Pat, not surprising, seeing who his mummy is, hehe.

Isaac...he shows it more through action though - every time I say I hurt somewhere, he'd tell me he wants to kiss that place and does so immediately (including awkward places like my feet encased in shoes!) eeks and *awww!* LOL!