Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Maniken Piss - 'Live' in Riang

"Mummy I want pee-pee!" Owain shouts, jumping up and shedding his pants quickly.

"Okay," I say. "I'll switch on the bathroom light for you."

"No, no, no," he says hastily, squirming out of my grasp and running butt naked out of the house.

I follow him, it just dawning on me where he was headed and what he was going to do. Before I can stop him, I see him. A small figure in the darkening evening light, back towards the front door, standing in the garden, naked from the waist down, legs apart - in full view of passing cars and dog-walking neighbours - peeing in full Manikin Piss glory.

Done peeing, he shakes once or twice and then dances back into the living room, a gleeful grin on his face as he pulls his pants back on.

Well, it ain't exactly EC in its purest.

But I guess I should be happy for small mercies. Like telling me he wants to pee for a start. I am happy that he has the presence of mind to take his pants off by himself. And to put them back on when he's done. And of course, to go all by himself.

We just need to tweak the programme a bit and work on the appropriate location.

Meanwhile, I guess the garden will get an extra sprinkling of ferts for now - at least until we can move the Manikin Piss back indoors.

1 comment:

lulu said...

he must have learnt from his jiejie right? who learnt from me d:P some years ago.