Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Fat Cat

While out for lunch across the road from the poly this afternoon, Ron and I spotted this fat cat. She was a lovely grey striped tabby with grey eyes and so FAT. We saw that she had been sterilised already from the clipped ear. She was so tame too, obviously very used to human interaction.

I had to go very near to snap these shots of her on my handphone but she didn't seem to mind. She had a short stumpy tail which she would wag - yes, wag like a dog! It was so cute to watch!

After posing in a sitting position for a while, she decided to lie down like the sphinx for another photo op.

Next time I walk across the road for lunch, I'll try to spot her again.

I just love fat cats. I know cats are supposed to be sleek and elegant but I love them plump and cuddly too. The other fat cat in my neighbourhood, Jinxy, or what my kids and I call it (in a loving shout-out to De Niro's Persian in Meet the Parents), has moved away - the family renting the house across the road has moved out. So we're quite sad - never to see the fat one sitting on the stone slab outside my door, or see him pooing in our garden, or lying beneath our car...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like yr cat pics. So cute! :)