Monday, April 07, 2008

Bali in November

I've booked my ticket.

So come Nov 9 I will be heading to Bali on a solo trip for some quiet time. It will not be a long trip. Still can't bear to be away from the kids too long. (But still longing for the day when I can finally go on longer trips and not feel the guilt!)

Right now, I think I will spend the first two nights at the Grand Bali Hyatt at Nusa Dua. Nothing but beach, spa treatments and indulging in the stuff I like - leisurely swims, walks on the beach, reading a good book, listening to the music I like and just thinking/reflecting. Then I will move to Ubud for a spa relaxation package for the next two nights. I am fluid on this and things may change. But for now this sounds good!

The spa package in Ubud will include body treatments, massages, short tours and a bike ride (heavens! have not ridden a bike in years!) from the lip of the volcano back down to Ubud!

I am nervous, excited, fearful and guilty all at once at the thought of going alone. I am tempted to ask someone to go with me - my mum, my sister, or a friend, or even KH and the kids - but no, what would be the point? Why do I keep feeling like I need a crutch or to be around people in order to be happy? What's there to be afraid of?

No, tempted though I may be to drag someone along, I should do this alone - there are lessons waiting to be discovered.

I suspect that I might actually like being alone in travel so much that coming home might be a bit sad for me!

3 comments:

Karmeleon said...

Envious! I do think you should go alone, unless it's with DH! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Great decision! Now your children will never have to feel guilty about their mother giving up 'everything' for them, ever!

Anonymous said...

I do like the idea of travelling alone. After all, I went to Paris and London alone for a holiday when I was 8 weeks pregnant with Kieran ;-)

This time round, I may not travel alone -- I will choose one kid to bring. I like the idea of having such a nice, luxurious 1 to 1 time with them.