Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Conversations

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Isaac said: I want to be President.

I go: President of what? Timbuktu? USA? Singapore?

Isaac: Err... I think just Singapore lah.... Or no lah... I think I will just be a minister.

I go: Wah, that is very good! Being a minister means you must first do very very very very very well in school, get lots of scholarships etc.

Isaac: Errr... okay okay, I changed my mind! I'll just be a businessman!

KH steps in: Its not easy being a businessman, you need to work very hard to be successful. But at the end of the day, nothing in life will come easy - to do well, you just need to work very hard. If not, we might as well just sit in a corner and wait to die. Everything in life requires effort!

Caitlin: Mummy, mummy, I know what I want to be when I grow up! I want to be a ballet teacher and teach little girls how to dance!

Owain: I think I want to be a soldier. (He's more testosterone-laden than Isaac!)

I said: But what if there is a war? Won't it be dangerous?

Owain: No!

I said: What if people shoot at you? Isn't that dangerous?

Owain: No, I will just shoot them back!! Bambambambambambam!!!

Sigh.

Gillian: Er, I think I just want to be a mother just like you. I like to take care of babies and children.

I think she would be quite good at it too. And there can be no higher praise for me.

No comments: