Monday, April 30, 2007

Long-distance lurve

I've never received so many SMSes from KH before in my life.

Both of us are not usually the messaging sort. We prefer to just pick up the phone and talk. Can't understand how or why so many people can be so nimble

And between the two of us, there has been, I think, only about 10 messages in a year. And usually the very prosaic sort - 'coming back late don't wait 4 me'. etc

But over the past few days, he has been text messaging - "In a park now relaxing among parisians, families, pple playing chess. Going to champ de mars shortly." or "Im lost in the Lourve." I'll spare you the more sappy messages about being romantic, missing me etc. He's not usually so sentimental.

But I'll tell you the good thing that's come out of this. He's sort of promised (in a text message! Are text messages legally binding in a court of law??) to bring me with him the next time he goes to europe on business - which is likely to be London the next time and not Paris. He hates London - says it's dead boring. I don't care. I am imagining taking the train, abandoning the poor chap in London (haha) and running north to Scotland or the Lake district already! Hee!

No comments: