Friday, April 27, 2007

Finding wonder again

"Time and life have changed everything into something perfectly understandable – and I need mystery, the thunder that is the voice of an angry god rather than just a simple electric discharge that sets off vibrations in the atmosphere. I want to fill my life again with fantasy, because an angry god is far more curious, frightening and interesting than a phenomenon of physics." - Paulo Coelho

Which makes me wonder why we have lost all wonder in our lives by the time we become adults? And at which point do we lose it? And if we have lost it, how do we regain it?

Can we?

Also wonder, why is it so important all the time to have all the answers?

And when children ask, why is it important to reply in the accurate factual than the mysterious and whimsical?

I'm just wondering...

No comments: