Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sale fever strikes BIG-TIME

Not normally a shopaholic - ok, I admit: a borderline one. But after yesterday, even I can acknowledge that I went a leetle nuts in Tangs. And that, I promise, marked my personal limit over a spree that started some days ago.

The Island Shop was having 50 - 70% discounts off last season's clothes and 20 - 30% off new arrivals. My mouth practically watered as I scanned the colourful racks and bins of clothes. So I bought a colourful spaghetti strap long dress for Caitlin. Very Caribbean. Actually Caitlin emerged the winner in this. She also got a pair of green knickerbockers (very cute!), a baby doll top, and a pristine white dress with crochetted lace trims. Isaac got a pair of surfer shorts and a a pair charcoal drawstring linen pants. I got a nice earth-tone print caftan top. Gillian got a peasant flounce skirt.

Two days before that, I bought two sleeping bags for Trinity and one very cute teeny-tiny red cheong-sum! I also er, rewarded myself with a tie-dyed long skirt from Una at Marks and Spencers, a cowl-necked barley top and a long brown skirt also from M&S. We also bought Gillian and Cait winter jackets for the Japan trip (I know, I know... it's still yonks to go, but things were ON SALE!!)

And before that, I went for a haircut at Shunji, treated myself to a nice tekka-don lunch at Akashi at Paragon and bought er, several new books. Just recently, I also ordered two hotslings from a lady on the alternative_parenting list. She's coming back from Canada and I just could NOT resist the hotslings prints. One for me and one for my buddy Gayle! Yummy!

So I await my credit card bill with dread...

Cute afternote from the Tangs spree. I came home, gleefully displayed my goodies, Caitlin happily pirouetting away and Owain mournfully says: "Mum, its not fair. How come you buy Ning-ning so many dresses and you never buy one for me!!"

Had to break the truth gently: "Son, you're a boy. I'm sorry to tell you that boys don't wear fun stuff like dresses."

But that made me remember: I have not bought him any New Year clothes! Yay! Or I mean... arrgh!

3 comments:

Momto5 said...

Cory, if you are reading this, we're not so bad lah. Our dear mutual friend BL just showed me two pairs of shoes she bought - identical pairs - just different colours! She consoles herself by saying that its very rare to find stuff she likes/fits her well so when she does, she buys it in every colour available!!

MIM said...

at least u can buy things for your daughter. Mine's so fussy. I only managed to get her ONE t-shirt top after a long search. Well, I must admit, none of the things in the stores really look like it was "HER". Either too girlish, too garish, too cheapo, too ahlian, too OTT, sleeveless, too childish, or too big. *sigh*. This age veli difficult to buy things other than casual, leh. Dress - she don't wear dresses!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.