Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Isaac asked me the other day: hey mum, what are you most afraid of? Are you afraid of dying?

Thank God that among 5 kids, I have at least ONE introspective thinker/dreamer, a potential SNAG who would consider and talk about these issues! So I thought long and hard, wanting to seize the opportunity to share/nurture/teach. I said at last: well, I'm not afraid of dying. But I am afraid of losing the people I love, especially my family - all of you, who complete my life in so many ways. Where would I be without all of you children and your dad? Imagine life without family, without love...

Long pause. Then he went: err mum, actually I was just thinking of the normal things you're scared of - like you know, lizards? Bugs? Scary movies... That kind of stuff...

That kind of sums up my life.

Merry Christmas from the Chongs.

No comments: