Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy birthday Trinity Rose!

Babe turned 1 on Mon.

Imagine, just a year ago, Trin slid out of me! Clever girl did it all by herself - no yanking or pulling or catching, she just glided out smoothly right in front of the midwives who didn't believe my blow-by-blow account of my progress: the baby is coming. the water bag is going to burst. lift my leg. ah, here she is!

In the year she's been with us, she's been everyone's darling. Even kor-kor Owain goes, fingering her face in his funny deep baby voice: Treeeee-nnnnyyyyy! Baaaayyy-by! Gu-gu-go-wa-aa! And when I left her downstairs as I went up to do my work, he would stomp up and demand of me rather indignantly: why you leave your baby downstairs!

She's the little darling of all her sibs - for now at least. And she's showing loads of personality and will already. She's not walking, nor really saying anything recognisable but I am in no hurry. I just want to enjoy every moment of her babyhood. Its been an amazing year that just flew by all too soon.

We were up to our gills in cake already - cake from the birthday party a week ago, cake from mom's birthday last monday, cake on isaac's actual birthday on sat and now cake again! So we got 4 slices of strawberry cheesecake, stuck a candle in it and let Ms Trin blow it out. When all the cake was cut into tinier pieces and all of us munching away, we realised that the birthday girl had no cake and was in fact, munching on the candle!

Happy birthday baby - we all love you, my little Tweenity Wosebud...

3 comments:

S* said...

Happy Birthday Trinity Rose - Next year you get 2 candles to chew on!!

lulu said...

Yay! I well remember your account of the birth, cracks me up still!

Btw I've just learnt to do a Carrot Cake - save some for you next time, ha!

Joanna Peck said...

happy birthday little one... may you grow big and strong and beautiful!