Tuesday, September 06, 2005


Owain is very adorable. He just turned two on Aug 31 - happy Malaysia National Day! And Happy birthday little prince!

He loves guns, fighting, star wars, kung fu. I don't know where he gets it from. I think his testosterone levels are higher than that of his bookish elder bro Isaac.

His latest heart-melting trick is, when I carry him and say: give mommy a kiss, he grins and turns my face with both hands and says: “Other side!” then he gives me this big wet kiss, grins and says: “Icky!!” He also lurrrves taking pictures - particularly when I whip out my mobile phone. Then he would grin a big grin and strike a pose - his favourite kungfu pose.

The boy melts me like ice-cream. Until he says in a well-rehearsed big rush - pleasemommyiwantnen-nen! and tries to undo my buttons, stick his hands down my blouse and generally tries to be a real laleche lech!

Nope, nursing these days is definitely not a pleasure but a definite pain in the boob. It does not help that he nurses till he falls asleep and then the jaws of death literally clamp down on the boobies. I try sticking my finger in to pry open the Jaws of Death and just when the nipple is al-most out, his reflexes kick in and he sucks it back in frantically again. It is excruciating.

The anorexic looking girl is Cait – isn't she thin?? She does not eat much these days. Loves ballet. Very creative when it comes to dance – her latest is pretending to be a seed. Where she curls up, then I ‘water’ her and she slow stands up, feet apart, extending her arms above her head with her wrists meeting and palms open. Then she explains – her body is the stem. Her legs are the roots. Her arms are the branches and the open palms are the leaves.

When she’s not pretending to be a seed, she loves to dance – hip hop music, loves to paint, play with her barbies and boss everyone around. Isaac always complains that she is the MOST bossy girl he has ever seen!

No comments: